Amandla is currently in the Raiatea Carenage where we’ve hauled her out to apply bottom paint and fix the rudder.
I’ve pulled together a few pictures of the haul out to share a sense of the experience.
- Amandla Docked After A Flawless Maneuver Into A Very Tight Spot
- Captain Quickly Makes New Friends In The Boatyard
- Boatyard Accommodations (1)
- Boatyard Accommodations (2)
- Preparing Amandla For The Haul Out (1)
- Preparing Amandla For The Haul Out (2)
- The Travel Lift
- Coming To Lift Amandla
- In Position
- Diving To Attach A Sling Under Amandla
- Sling Attached (But Fenders Need A Wash)
- On To The Hard
- In Good Hands
- Relocating Amandla
- Checking The Support
- Securing Amandla
- After A Hard Morning's Work
- A Job Well Done
- Current View From Amandla
- Ready to Fix The Rudder and Apply The Bottom Paint
- Captain Applying The Bottom Paint
I’ve also put a short film clip on YouTube of Amandla being driven through the boat yard. Its my second film (the Captain is the usually the videographer for our voyages) and you will notice some initial glitches before I got it sorted, sort of.
The Captain and the boys in the boat yard have been working very hard to get Amandla back in the water by Friday. I have been assigned the task of washing the fenders (done) and prepping for the next legs of our voyage. I’ve got it pretty good on Amandla.
Its hot and humid and it is mosquito season here in the boatyard, so we are looking forward to getting back into the water.
Our plan is to sail back to Tahiti on Saturday for final provisioning and another root canal for the Captain 🙁 .